The Chancel Screen
||Some 20 years after the church was consecrated, a
chancel screen was erected, this being dedicated to the memory of
Robert Elcum Horsfall who, as a small boy, had laid the foundation
on 28 May 1898 and on 20 November 1917 had lost his life during WW1.
The dedication is carved at the foot of the screen. The
chancel screen, a gift from the founder of the church, was designed by
Sir Giles Scott, architect of Liverpool's Anglican Cathedral, and was
by O.E. Griffiths. It depicts four carved figures: St. Chad (the
bearing his name are patrons of the St Faith's living), St. Paul, St.
and St. Catherine (patron saints of three past and present 'Horsfall
but it is open and light so that it does not spoil the view of the High
Altar and reredos. Seven sanctuary lamps hang above the choir and these
can be seen, from the main body of the church, above the top of the
Carvings on the Chancel Screen
||A view of the Chancel Screen looking through to the
the south side choir stalls and organ above, and the high altar and
in the background.